Sign up by April 15 to receive ASNE-member rate for NAA mediaXchange
- By: ASNE staff
- On: 03/24/2016 10:11:19
- In: Events
If you're an ASNE member, don't miss out on the opportunity to attend NAA mediaXchange 2016, which takes place April 17-20 in the District of Columbia. NAA is offering ASNE members a big discount on the registration.
The Newspaper Association of America is inviting ASNE members to attend
NAA mediaXchange 2016, the largest annual gathering of news media industry executives in North America. Taking place April 17-20 at the new Marriott Marquis in the District of Columbia, the conference is designed to inspire and provide valuable and practical ideas and insights to help news media professionals grow audience and revenue.
ASNE will be co-sponsoring the conference session "Changing the Culture: What Works," which will be moderated by ASNE President Pam Fine, Knight Chair for News, Leadership and Community at The University of Kansas. ASNE members are eligible to register at a special discounted rate of $200 (compared to a rate of $1,095).
The theme of this conference is "local," the importance of newspapers in providing localized knowledge and information, engaging local businesses with consumers and improving the lives of their local communities. Because the conference is being held in the District, a significant portion of the program will be focused on the 2016 presidential and congressional elections.
Some of the timely and engaging sessions include:
- "The Evolution of Local News"
- "Mobile Engagement and Monetization"
- "Social Media: The Medium is the Message"
- "What is Driving Voters in the 2016 Elections"
- "Covering the White House: The Presidency and the Press"
- Marty Baron, executive editor at The Washington Post
- Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO at WPP
- Laurent Cordier, managing director of global partnerships, news and publishing at Google
- Raju Narisetti, senior vice president of strategy at News Corp
- Cory Haik, chief strategy officer at Mic
- Penelope Muse Abernathy, Knight chair in journalism and digital media economics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Amanda Zamora, engagement editor at ProPublica
- Bill McInturff, partner and co-founder at Public Opinion Strategies
- Anna Greenberg, senior vice president at Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research
If you're an ASNE member, then click here to register at the $200 member rate. Information about the hotel will be provided when registration is complete.