Join us in Chicago for what's going to be a terrific conference!
- By: ASNE staff
- On: 07/02/2014 10:10:37
- In: Convention
How about a few days in September with ASNE and APME at our joint conference Sept. 15-17 at the Hyatt Regency in the heart of downtown Chicago? We'll make sure you leave the conference with a number of beneficial takeaways. Below are just a few sessions and events to highlight.
How about a few days in September with ASNE and APME at our joint conference Sept. 15-17 at the Hyatt Regency in the heart of downtown Chicago? We'll make sure you leave the conference with a number of beneficial takeaways. Here are just a few sessions and events to highlight:
Opening remarks by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel:
- Emanuel is expected to welcome attendees, and the conference will quickly evolve into a powerful program on leading change.
Leadership session Monday, Sept. 15:
- Tom Rosenstiel, executive director of the American Press Institute, and Amy Webb, CEO of WebbMedia Group, will examine the trends andissues facing newsroom leaders.
Innovation/creativity session Tuesday, Sept. 16:
- We'll have a conversation with Jim Bankoff, CEO of Vox Media, about the new news ecology and what we can learn from startups.
Awards lunch Tuesday, Sept. 16:
- We'll celebrate winners of the ASNE Awards and the APME Journalism Excellence Awards.
Evening entertainment options Tuesday, Sept. 16:
- Take a Chicago river cruise and enjoy the beautiful skyline on the Mystic Blue, partially sponsored by the Illinois Press Association and Illinois Associated Press Media Editors.
- See the Chicago Cubs play the Cincinnati Reds at Wrigley Field.
Climate change seminar Thursday, Sept. 18 (post-conference):
- The Metcalf Institute will offer a free "Climate Change and the News" seminar from 9 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Register as soon as possible to receive a first-come, first-served free hotel room Wednesday, Sept. 17, at the Hyatt Regency.
To attend the ASNE-APME conference, register for $250 if you're a member of ASNE and $350 if you're a nonmember. APME members can register at apme.com.
And don't forget to reserve your hotel room as soon as possible. The block of rooms we reserved at the Hyatt Regency for $189/night until Aug. 29 is filling up quickly. There will be a dramatic rate increase per night when the block sells out.