Register soon: ASNE-APME 2014 conference in three months!
- By: ASNE staff
- On: 06/11/2014 09:43:11
- In: Convention
We're three months away from our ASNE-APME conference Sept. 15-17 in Chicago. Why attend this conference? Here are just some benefits below.
We're three months away from our ASNE-APME conference Sept. 15-17 in Chicago. Why attend this conference? Here are just some benefits. The conference will be:
- Our first joint conference of the nation's top editors.
- At the Hyatt Regency in the heart of downtown Chicago.
- Only $250 for members of ASNE and APME, $350 for nonmembers. ASNE members, register here. APME members can go to apme.com for details.
- Featuring lively and innovative sessions that will explore topics, such as improving content on mobile, increasing audience engagement and reach, and developing partnerships for greater impact.
- Including two special luncheons, the Monday-night opening reception and two Tuesday-night entertainment events, which will be either the Chicago River cruise on the Mystic Blue or the Chicago Cubs-Cincinnati Reds baseball game.
- Holding ASNE-APME live and silent auctions featuring a variety of items that range from vacation getaways, books, regional gifts, sports and event ticks to many more. How can you help now? We're looking for donations that will stand out. To donate, download the pledge form. Questions? Contact either Bob Heisse of the APME Foundation at email@example.com or George Stanley of ASNE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hosting Metcalf Institute for Marine & Environmental Reporting's free, two-session "Climate Change and the News" seminar from 9 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 18. Registration details to come later.
Other important details:
- Our theme is Fast Forward.
- We'll begin at 1:30 p.m. CDT Monday, Sept. 15, and conclude about 3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 17.
- Hotel reservation: A block of rooms are reserved at the Hyatt Regency until Aug. 29 for only $189/night. Make a reservation online, or call the hotel directly at 312-565-1234; mention the block of rooms reserved for ASNE and APME.
- Questions? Contact Cindy Roe of ASNE at Croe@asne.org or Sally Jacobsen of APME at Sjacobsen@ap.org.