D.C. area — Social Media Associate Wanted
The American Society of News Editors' Sunshine Week project seeks a versatile, enthusiastic supporter of the First Amendment to provide key support from Nov. 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011.
In addition to academic credit that we can help you arrange, there's a stipend of $12 an hour for 20 hours a week. Ideal for a tech-savvy journalism, law or marketing student, though anyone with a passion for open government is welcome to apply.
- Updating SunshineWeek.org pages as assigned.
- Messaging and marketing through social networks.
- Blogging. Drafting of news releases.
- Monitoring and synthesizing developing news on open government and freedom of information related issues.
- Clerical duties as assigned.
Requirements: Experience in blogging and social media strategy for marketing/cause purposes. Familiarity with content management systems. Accuracy, precision, meeting rolling deadlines, teamwork and a strong work ethic.
Must have own transportation in order to work in our Reston, Va. office for at least 10 hours a week; remainder of weekly hours can be worked off-site.