Convention videos now available
Complete video recordings of most of the major programs at the 2010 ASNE convention have been posted. Over 13 hours of video from the general sessions and lunch presentations at ASNE's NewsNow Industry Summit are available. They feature speakers like Alan Rusbridger, Dave Eggers, Arianna Huffington, and Tom Curley, and topics like charging for digital content, investigative collaborations and the future of professional journalism.
Complete video recordings of most of the major programs at the 2010 ASNE convention have been posted on this website.
Almost all of the general sessions and both lunch presentations from the convention are available, including presentations by Alan Rusbridger, editor of The Guardian and Eric Schmidt, chairman and CEO of Google; interviews with the author Dave Eggers and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner; and panels featuring speakers like The Huffington Post's Arianna Huffington, The New York Times' David Carr and the Associated Press' Tom Curley.
Topics covered during the sessions include:
- Future of professional journalism
- Pressures and opportunities of the 24/7 news cycle
- Role of government in supporting the news media
- Charging for digital news content
- Knight Foundation-funded news innovations
- Investigative collaborations with nonprofit news organizations