Registration is open for the 2015 ASNE-APME conference
We're thrilled to announce that the registration is open for the ASNE-APME conference Oct. 16-18 at Stanford University. Secure your spot by registering early, and don't forget to book your hotel room at the Sheraton Palo Alto by Sept. 15.
Register now for the ASNE-APME conference of the nation's top editors Oct. 16-18 at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California. The Associated Press Photo Managers is also a conference partner.
The theme for the Silicon Valley conference is 3-D: Digital, Diversity, Disruption.
The conference will open with an evening reception Friday, Oct. 16, at the Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center. Join your colleagues under beautiful October skies for a taste of California wine and music and an intimate conversation with David Kelley. A creator of the Apple mouse and founder of the groundbreaking d.school at Stanford, Kelley will share his thoughts on how each of us can find joy in our creative endeavors.
The lively and topical sessions will focus on:
- Digital transformation and the innovative use of technology in the newsroom.
- Diversity in the newsroom and in reaching new audiences.
- First Amendment and access issues.
- Newsroom leadership.
APPM will focus on using analytics and research to better utilize visual journalism, as well as innovative approaches to increase the impact of visual reporting.
- We will celebrate the winners of the ASNE Awards and APME Journalism Excellence Awards at a Saturday luncheon. On Sunday, we will meet again for a special lunch. Tickets to both lunches can be purchased when you register.
- The opening reception will also include an auction at the alumni center. The silent and live auctions will offer one-of-a-kind items, such as sports tickets, vacation retreats, jewelry, autographed books and much more.
- The conference will feature high-profile speakers from the tech and journalism industries. More details coming soon.
Register now: The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers. There are special rates for retired editors, spouses, students and APME's Regents. Click here to register.
Book your hotel room: A terrific group rate is available at the Sheraton Palo Alto until Sept. 15 for only $169/night for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Rates for Wednesday and Thursday are $329/night. Make a reservation online or call the hotel directly at 650-328-2800 and mention the block of rooms reserved for ASNE and APME.