Sign up for webinars prepared by Poynter, free to ASNE members
We have two webinars "How to Tell Great Investigative Stories with Dwindling Resources" and "Media and Innovation: How to Play in the Sand Box," created by The Poynter Institute, open for registration. Both webinars will be taught by ASNE members. Sign up now!
The following two webinars, created by The Poynter Institute in collaboration with ASNE leadership, are open for registration!
- When: 2 p.m. EST Wednesday, Nov. 12
- Who: ASNE Board of Directors member George Stanley, managing editor of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and JSOnline.com
- What: Stanley will discuss how newsrooms find, nurture, develop and produce projects that matter -- in the face of layoffs, buyouts, hiring freezes and budget cuts.
- When: 2 p.m. EST Tuesday, Nov. 18
- Who: ASNE member Bill Church, executive editor of the Herald-Tribune in Sarasota, Florida
- What: Church will discuss why "innovation" is more than the latest buzz word, how to change your organization's thinking and offer strategies that fit all newsrooms.
These webinars are part of the multi-year training alliance that we announced with Poynter in March to achieve our goal of meeting the rapidly changing needs of news organizations.
Members of ASNE may enroll in these webinars for free by typing in a promo code during the enrollment process. To receive a promo code and directions on how to use the code, first sign in to your ASNE account at asne.org, go to the resources tab and click on "ASNE-Poynter webinars."
Both webinars are $29.95 each for nonmembers.