Vote today: online election for ASNE Board of Directors ends tonight
Attention, ASNE members: The 2014 ASNE Board of Directors election at asne.org ends today. Cast your ballot now if you haven't. Those who don't vote online can vote in personMonday and Tuesday at the ASNE-APME conference in Chicago.
Attention, ASNE members: The 2014 ASNE Board of Directors election at asne.org ends today. Cast your ballot now if you haven't. Those who don't vote online can vote in person Monday and Tuesday at the ASNE-APME conference in Chicago.
There are eight candidates running for five seats (five three-year terms):
- David Callaway, editor-in-chief, USA TODAY
- Alan Miller, CEO/president, News Literacy Project
- Emily Ramshaw, editor, The Texas Tribune
- Mark Russell, managing editor, The Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Debra Adams Simmons, vice president of news development, Advance Local
- George Stanley, managing editor, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Joyce Terhaar, executive editor/senior vice president, The Sacramento Bee
- Robyn Tomlin, chief digital officer, Pew Research Center
Ramshaw, Simmons, Stanley and Tomlin are incumbents running for their second terms on the board.
Only members of ASNE are eligible to vote. If you are an ASNE member, click here to review each candidate's bio and statement, and cast your ballot by 11:59 p.m. CDT today. Remember, you must vote for five and only five of the candidates.
The election will close at 4 p.m. Tuesday and the winners will be announced Wednesday.