Vote for 5 of 8 candidates running for ASNE Board of Directors
As we announced last week, the 2014 ASNE Board of Directors election is now open at asne.org. There are eight candidates running for five seats (five three-year terms).
As we announced last week, the 2014 ASNE Board of Directors election is now open at asne.org. There are eight candidates running for five seats (five three-year terms):
- David Callaway, editor-in-chief, USA TODAY
- Alan Miller, CEO/president, News Literacy Project
- Emily Ramshaw, editor, The Texas Tribune
- Mark Russell, managing editor, The Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Debra Adams Simmons, vice president of news development, Advance Local
- George Stanley, managing editor, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Joyce Terhaar, executive editor/senior vice president, The Sacramento Bee
- Robyn Tomlin, chief digital officer, Pew Research Center
Ramshaw, Simmons, Stanley and Tomlin are incumbents running for their second terms on the board.
Only members of ASNE are eligible to vote. If you are an ASNE member, click here to review each candidate's bio and statement, and cast your ballot by 11:59 p.m. CDT, Friday, Sept. 12. Remember, you must vote for five and only five of the candidates. Members who do not vote online can vote in person Sept. 15 and 16 at the ASNE-APME conference in Chicago.
The election will close at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16, and the winners will be announced Wednesday, Sept. 17.