POLICY RELATING TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND IDENTIFICATION OF DESIGNATED AGENT FOR PURPOSES OF SECTION 512 OF THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
ASNE fully complies with the notice and take-down provisions of Section 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We also enforce a policy that provides for the termination of access to this website or other websites we may operate for anyone found to be repeat infringers or who otherwise violate the policies governing use of this site.
If you have reason to believe that material in which you (or any person or entity for which you are an authorized agent) hold the copyright has been posted to this site without proper authorization, please contact our Designated Agent via mail or Email as follows:
Teri Hayt, Executive Director
American Society of News Editors
209 Reynolds Journalism Institute
Missouri School of Journalism
Columbia, MO 65211
You should provide the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work or a representative list of the works claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, so that we may contact you if necessary;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.